Rules and Regulations

REQUIRED READING! The rules and regulations of SOBJDs.

Rules and Regulations

Postby admin » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:44 am

SOBJDs Rules and Regulations

Welcome to SOBJDs! SOBJDs stands for Southern Ontario Ball Jointed Dolls, and as our name suggests, we are a gathering place for BJD collectors in Southern Ontario, Canada.

Registration
Because our forum is specific to a certain geographical area, accurately filling in the “location” field with your city and province is mandatory when registering. Please fill in this field accurately or you may not be approved for membership! For example, instead of writing simply “Toronto”, please fill in the location field with “Toronto, Ontario”.

Registration is screened by the moderation staff, and approved manually. Please be patient while awaiting approval. Guests and those who are awaiting approval on their registration will only be able to see this forum.

Be sure to check your spam folder for your registration email!

If you are unable to gain access to the forum, please contact Meg at megomobile@gmail.com and put “SOBJDs” in the subject line.

General Posting Rules and Etiquette
1) Respect your fellow members. Flaming, derogatory remarks, insults, harassment, flooding, and trolling will not be tolerated and will result in either a warning or a ban.

2) Off topic threads should reside in the Off Topic area.

3) Respect other people’s thoughts and beliefs. Voicing disagreement is fine, but please be civil and conscientious when expressing your thoughts. Remember that we are all entitled to our opinions, and even if someone doesn’t share the same views, they have as much a right to express them as you do. Be respectful.

4) Do not hotlink images. Please host your own files on either your own server or hosts like Photobucket or Flickr.

5) Marketplace access is granted automatically by the forum script when a post count of 30 has been reached. Please do not request marketplace access without accumulating the minimum number of posts--- this process is automated and the minimum post count is required by everyone. There will be no exceptions.

6) Do not share your account or password with anyone. Each member is allowed only one account. Creating additional accounts (or “sockpuppets”) will result in a ban.

7) Use caution when sharing personal information, such as phone numbers and addresses, with other members.

DISCLAIMER

SOBJDs.ca is a forum to facilitate communication and sharing between doll collectors from the local community.

Each person is responsible for their own actions. Any misconduct at meet-ups or public events is the responsibility of the individual perpetrating it.

While anyone can organize or hold a meet-up or event to be announced and planned on SOBJDs, it is the organizer’s responsibility to assess the facility they are using to host and make sure it is well-equipped and safe to host the event. It is also the responsibility of the organizer to get permission or approval for use of planned meet-up facilities before the event date.

The SOBJDs staff, administrators, and moderators will not be held legally responsible for the conduct of forum/community members.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Rules and Regulations

Postby Edtel » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:32 pm

Hi, guys. I really wasn't sure where to post this, but I have a question. What is considered on-topic here? Are we following DoAs list, where Volks DD and Obitsu are on-topic due to grandfathering, or are only resin dolls allowed? Just asking before I post threads for my Obitsu crew (two 55cm and one 45cm).
Edtel

Postby mizunotsubasa » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:46 pm

My Same reply, I'm curious as well I have two dragons from Aileen doll and wonder if the ok to post here. I would love to have them on here, due to DOA doesn't allow. T_T
SOOM HAS TAKEN OVER MY LIFE
DA : TUMBLR :LJ : Flickr : Google+
mizunotsubasa

Postby megomobile » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:55 pm

Good questions!

We're not that strict about the "humanoid" rule... if it's a BJD, feel free to post it, whether it looks like an animal or a person or whatever. Doesn't matter.

Vinyl BJDs like Obitsus are fine too! No reason not to post them.

Generally, if it's asian and ball jointed, you can post it.

Just make sure that if you're listing them in the database, to make the thread for them in the appropriate size category. :)
ar dana || bf tommy || kd karon || cb lance || ch yeonu || bg celia || bg aurora || msd hewitt 3rd || md re-an
megomobile
Wrangler of Brouhaha

Postby starobots » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:59 pm

I also have a question--with the new forum, does this mean that the image size restrictions have been lifted? o:
starobots

Postby megomobile » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:15 pm

I haven't discussed size restrictions with Nicole as of yet... for now, I'd say that so long as it's not page-stretching, it's fine. That may change, though.
ar dana || bf tommy || kd karon || cb lance || ch yeonu || bg celia || bg aurora || msd hewitt 3rd || md re-an
megomobile
Wrangler of Brouhaha

Postby Hervoyel » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:00 pm

Is there a way to view posts that are awaiting approval? I just back-clicked through a few pages and I think I double-submitted a post (so I assume it'll be deleted if it's there, but just wondered if I could save someone the work of doing it).
Hervoyel

Postby megomobile » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:25 pm

No, posts pending approval are only visible to mods and admins.
megomobile
Wrangler of Brouhaha

Return to Rules and Regulations